APU’s Graduate Certificate in Global Environmental Management focuses on environmental policy and management theory and practice. Students will examine the status of shared resources around the world.
Courses in this online environmental science certification explore environmental change, sustainable practices, emergency management, disaster planning and response, and political influences. Knowledge gained from these areas can be used to help address challenging global issues. Graduates will be able to analyze sustainability projects based on available sustainable development practices and technology.
The curriculum includes topics such as:
- Emergency and disaster planning and management
- Hazard mitigation and resilient communities
- Environmental management
- Energy policy and sustainability
- Global environmental change
- Strategic planning
- Bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
- Official bachelor’s or master’s transcript showing conferral of degree
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission