The Graduate Certificate in Environmental Risk Assessment focuses on the management of complex environmental issues. Students will learn tools and strategies for risk assessment.
Courses in this online environmental engineering program explore the role of government in developing compliance standards and public policies. Classes discuss ways to use scientific data to identify and characterize risk for humans and ecosystems. Graduates will be able to determine the toxicity of a compound through literature research.
The curriculum includes studies of the following:
- Environmental management
- Environmental policy, regulation, and law
- The National Environmental Policy Act
- Environmental risk assessment
- Environmental toxicology
- Bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
- Official bachelor’s or master’s transcript showing conferral of degree
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission