The Graduate Certificate in Environmental Hazard Mitigation and Restoration combines the disciplines of disaster management and environmental science. Students will learn how to respond to environmental emergencies and restore damaged habitats.
The program covers response and recovery functions, as well as the principles of ecological restoration. Classes in this environmental science certification discuss the complex relationship between societies and their use of natural resources.
Students will learn topics including:
- Hazard mitigation and resilient communities
- Environmental risk assessment
- Environmental toxicology
- Global environmental change
- Bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
- Official bachelor’s or master’s transcript showing conferral of degree
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission