APU’s online bachelor’s in Health Information Management (HIM), gives students knowledge and skills to be a successful health information administrator in a variety of settings. Graduates can find employment in hospitals, insurance companies, government agencies, and more.
The curriculum focuses on operations management and takes an interdisciplinary approach. Students will learn about data management, information policy, finance, and information systems. Classes in this health informatics bachelor degree online examine challenges, trends, and developments in health information technology in a social context.
Areas of study in this program include:
- Legal aspects of health information management
- Healthcare reimbursement methodologies
- Healthcare delivery systems and documentation
- Principles of anatomy and physiology
- Foundations of financial management
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- College Readiness Assessment (waived for students with 9 or more college credits)
- Official transcripts
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission