APUS offers an online Environmental Science degree with a concentration in Sustainability. The program examines how sustainability principles apply to land use and development planning.
Students in this online Sustainability degree will learn about current and emerging renewable energy technologies. Classes discuss society’s dependence on fossil fuels and other traditional forms of energy. Graduates will have an understanding of the social and economic barriers preventing the acceptance and use of sustainable goods and services.
The curriculum includes studies of topics such as:
- Energy and resource sustainability
- Land use and planning
- Remote sensing and geographic information systems
- Green infrastructure and renewable technologies
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- College Readiness Assessment (waived for students with 9 or more college credits)
- Official transcripts
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission