Interested students pursuing the Environmental Science degree online from APUS can choose a concentration in Regional and Community Environmental Planning. Courses focus on critical issues in landscape level planning and development.
Students will learn how to assess and meet resource needs and solve complex land use issues. The curriculum includes studies of current trends and challenges in environmental planning. Graduates will understand how to assess the energy, water, sustainability, and green space needs of a population and be able to develop strategies to meet them.
Classes discuss subjects including:
- Land use and planning
- Remote sensing and geographic information systems
- Environmental impact assessment
- Water resources management
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- College Readiness Assessment (waived for students with 9 or more college credits)
- Official transcripts
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission