Students can choose a concentration in Environmental Technology and Management with the online Environmental Science degree from APUS. Coursework combines studies of natural and social sciences and focuses on the complex relationship between science and public policy.
This concentration explores environmental hazard mitigation and pollution management. Students will learn how regulations, policies, and politics influence environmental management and sustainability. Graduates will understand management strategies, compliance standards, and new technologies in contaminant treatment, remediation, and disposal.
Course topics specific to this concentration include:
- Chemistry of hazardous materials
- Energy and resource sustainability
- Remote sensing and geographic information systems
- Air quality management
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- College Readiness Assessment (waived for students with 9 or more college credits)
- Official transcripts
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission