American Public University System offers an online Electrical Engineering degree focusing on Communications. Students in this degree program will examine fundamental concepts of passive microwave circuit analysis and design.
Classes cover the properties of antenna theory, analysis, and design, as well as radar and RF signal propagation, transmission, and reception. Students will learn about different wireless communication technologies and components in order to analyze its performance. A senior seminar project allows the student to design and create their own working prototype along with a senior thesis.
Course topics studied as a part of this major include:
- RF/microwave engineering
- Radar systems theory
- Engineering and computing
- Measurements and instrumentation
- Continuous and discrete signals and systems
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- College Readiness Assessment (waived for students with 9 or more college credits)
- Official transcripts
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission