The online Graduate Certificate in Aromatherapy provides graduate students with specialized training in the comprehension and application of essential oils for medicinal use and deepens the knowledge and understanding professionals have of aromatherapy. The curriculum provides a theoretical knowledge of the principles of pharmacognosy and phytochemistry as they apply to botanical studies; teaches students to identify and evaluate the methods of quality control, extraction, potency, and variability of herbs and how it relates to the botanical industry; and provides advanced knowledge of the principles of toxicology and the mechanisms and effect of herb-herb and herb-drug interactions.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from a USDOE-recognized accredited institution
- Copy of government-issued photo identification, such as a state identification card, valid driver's license, or passport
- ACHS Admissions Assessment
- Official, unopened transcript demonstrating conferral of a U.S. Department of Education approved accredited Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 3.00 GPA
- Letter of recommendation from a suitable professional reference
School Accreditation Statement
Distance Education Accrediting Commission