American College of Education offers the online M.Ed. in Literacy. This program is designed to equip professionals working with students and teachers to meet reading milestones, develop supportive curriculum, and provide professional development at school and district levels. With a PK-12 focus, professionals can utilize this program to work with coordinators including those in special education, counseling, and supporting roles to bring systemic change to schools seeking to improve or enhance reading instruction.
Sample of Program Courses:
- Prescriptive Intervention for Reading Difficulties
- Emerging Literacy for Elementary Teachers
- Investigating Literacy Fundamentals
- Integrating Literacy Concepts
- Strengthening Literacy
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
American College of Education is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA2.75 or above (4.0 scale)
Official College Transcript(s), Additional Materials May Be Requested, Occupational License
- Must have documentation of at least an initial teaching license (in the state the applicant resides), school service personnel license, or a school services certificate OR evidence of full-time teaching assignment from an individual in a supervisory capacity of from a human resources official of the school at their current employment.