American College of Education offers the online Graduate Certificate in Teaching English Learners. Teachers of English Learners (EL) are expected to have a broad and comprehensive understanding of the knowledge and skills needed for this educator license, and to use that knowledge to help students prepare for the challenges and opportunities of the twenty-first century.
Sample of Program Courses:
- Methods and Materials for Teaching English as a Second Language
- Foundations of ESL and Bilingual Education
- Assessment of ESL and Bilingual Students
- Cross-Cultural Studies for Teaching ELLs
- Linguistics for TESOL
Students will learn to identify, comprehend, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate the basic principles, fundamental concepts, and essential content defined in these standards, and to apply that knowledge to the tasks of planning and delivering effective instruction and assessment.
- Bachelor's or highest post-baccalaureate degree earned
- Minimum GPA cumulative 2.5 (4.0 Scale) for full admission
- Official transcripts from a regionally accredited institution
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission