Teachers can advance their career while focusing on Special Education with Alvernia University’s online Special Education Certificate. The program offers a focused curriculum concentrating on skills and knowledge necessary for special educators.
Teachers learn best practices for working with students with special needs including learning disabilities, social/emotional disorders, and autism. Practicum and student teaching experiences are included as a part of the program.
This online Special Education certification covers topics including:
- Differentiated instruction in inclusive classrooms
- Collaboration and legal issues for special educators
- Transition and instruction for secondary special needs students
- Social development and behavior support in inclusive classrooms
- Enhancing literacy for special needs students
% Online100% Online
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Criminal Background Check, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent