The online Doctor of Nursing Practice in Health Systems Leadership is designed for master’s-prepared nurses with a degree in nursing education or administration. The program combines courses in theory with real-world practice experiences.
This online nursing administration program offers primarily online coursework, in-person practicum experiences, and periodic intensive courses on-campus. Students can participate in experiences involving patient encounters, collaborative projects, policy development initiatives, or system-wide policy changes.
Nurses learn about topics such as:
- Ethics, policy, and advocacy in the healthcare system
- Using informatics for quality improvement
- Local and global population-based health
- Applied statistics for evidence-based practice
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Interview, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Periodically required intensive courses are delivered on-campus at the Reading, PA location for a specified number of weekend day(s).
- Applicants must submit an official statement/letter of the number of Practicum/Clinical hours completed in the master’s program from the degree granting institution.