Master’s-prepared nurses who are licensed APRNs can pursue an online Doctor of Nursing Practice focused on Clinical Leadership from Alvernia University. Students in the program complete primarily online coursework in addition to clinical and leadership practicum experiences.
Nurses can choose to participate in hands-on experience working with patients, collaborative projects, policy development projects, or system-wide policy changes. Periodic on-campus intensive experiences allow for meaningful engagement and in-depth learning with experts from nursing and other disciplines.
Course topics include the following:
- Ethics, policy, and advocacy in the healthcare system
- Using informatics for quality improvement
- Local and global population-based health
- Applied statistics for evidence-based practice
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Alvernia University is accredited by:
Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Interview, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Periodically required intensive courses are delivered on-campus at the Reading, PA location for a specified number of weekend day(s).
- Applicants must be licensed APRNs.
- Applicants must submit an official statement/letter of the number of Practicum/Clinical hours completed in the master’s program from the degree granting institution.