Master of Science in Criminal Justice
Abraham Lincoln University
The Master of Science in Criminal Justice degree prepares students for entry and advancement in a criminal justice related career. The field of Criminal Justice centers on the control of criminal behavior in the maintenance of public order. It includes the primary functions of law enforcement, prosecution, trial, corrections, juvenile offenders, handling evidence, crime scene investigation, and associated responsibilities. In addition, it covers the secure management, safe keeping, and control of inmates committed to jail or prison custody, which must be performed in a humane manner in compliance with the constitutional standards.Students will gain advanced knowledge of the justice system and law enforcement processes, from police patrol procedures, courts, terrorism, forensic science, correctional facilities, and probation and parole systems.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Distance Education Accrediting Commission
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education or an equivalent degree from a recognized foreign college or university
- Official transcripts
- Current government issued photo ID
Not authorized for residents of Arkansas, Iowa, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, New York, Wisconsin, Washington DC.
Founded in 1996, ALU is a nationally accredited with a mission to provide opportunities for students who may be under-served by traditional educational institutions. Targeting adult students, programs include studies in law, criminal justice, business administration, general studies, IT, and more. Degrees range from diploma and associate programs to doctorate degrees, in addition to the school's flagship law program.
The online learning environment at Abraham Lincoln University features:
- Asynchronous coursework that can be completed 24/7, including holidays
- Live lectures and hands-on learning opportunities
- Student Support Services that advocate and help track each student's progress
- Technical support
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.