List of Accredited Online Degrees
Many Institutions offer business degrees with an emphasis in Real estate. The real estate concentration is usually offered as a graduate program of study, but increasingly it has become a popular undergraduate program at Colleges and Universities with growing economies surrounding the school.
Real Estate is defined as the ""property consisting of land and the buildings on it, along with its natural resources such as crops, minerals, or water; immovable property of this nature. Also: the business of real estate; the profession of buying, selling, or renting land, buildings or housing.""
The development of private property ownership in real estate has become a major area of business. Commonly referred to as commercial real estate, the purchase of such business oriented real estate requires a significant investment unique to the characteristics of the land and the industry buying the property. Some kinds of real estate businesses include:
- Appraisal: Professional valuation services
- Brokerages: A mediator who charges a fee to facilitate a real estate transaction between the two parties.
- Development: Improving land for use by adding or replacing buildings
- Property management: Managing a property for its owner(s)
- Real estate marketing: Managing the sales side of the property business
- Real estate investing: Managing the investment of real estate
- Relocation services: Relocating people or business to a different country
- Corporate Real Estate: Managing the real estate held by a corporation to support its core business—unlike managing the real estate held by an investor to generate income
Within each field of real estate, a business student may choose to specialize in a particular type of real estate property. The progression of the degree within the university-level education in real estate has seen an increase in the focus towards the commercial real estate sector, primarily real estate development or investment rather than residential real estate sales. The business graduate can combine the learned academics from business and real estate courses to excel in the commercial market place.