List of Accredited Online Degrees
Students at higher education institutions can earn an advanced degree or certification in the specialization of becoming an administrative assistant, secretary or office assistant. The different job titles encompass basically the same profession, and all can be earned with certificate or bachelor degree programs. The modern assistant will provide various types of clerical support to other professionals, senior team members or entire groups of individuals in a business type of enterprise.
The changed role of an assistant or a secretary has seen growth in respect and responsibility with the new age dependency of personal touches in an automated world. A well trained administrative assistant or secretary will be able to contribute expertise in areas of Human Resources, Accounting, Development, Sales and Marketing or Information Technology to name a few. The integral impact an efficient assistant can have on the success of an office is the outcome of performing a multitude of tasks such as:
- Managing logistics, equipment inventory and storage, in addition to sourcing for suppliers and submitting invoices.
- Coordinating between departments for proper communication.
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings, interviews, events and other similar activities.
- Sending out and receiving mail and packages, also faxes.
- Using a word processing program to prepare business correspondence.
- Managing Files.
- Performing general office support.
- Preparing meeting minutes, meeting notes and internal support materials.
Graduates of a certificate or degree program specializing in the professional administrative duties will have the necessary skills to enter the competitive job market. The need for assistants will be in a growing demand as industry and technology expand.