Virtual Online Learning Rated Key By College IT Staff, Not Faculty
A new educational technology study shows virtual online learning is rated as a key part of higher education by college information technology staff—but not by faculty.
The 21st Century Campus Report from CDW Government LLC shows college faculty lag far behind IT staff in rating online education technology on campus. Also, poor faculty understanding of technology in higher education is the top concern among students surveyed.
The survey of 1,000 students, faculty, and IT professionals found:
- 68 percent of IT staff view virtual learning as an important element in higher education, while only 35 percent of faculty feel the same.
- 72 percent of IT pros say online collaboration software is essential; 31 percent of faculty agreed.
- 61 percent of the schools surveyed offered online virtual learning.
- Students list lack of professor technology knowledge as their number one concern (named by 24 percent). Faculty and IT staff list this as their number two concern, behind budget cuts.
- Students increasingly value and expect 21st Century technology in higher education, with 93 percent of high-schoolers saying technology is important in their college choice (63 percent of current college students agreed).
You can view the full report about educational technology and virtual online learning in higher education by downloading it for free from CDW Government, LLC.
Online Learning News & Research
Nontraditional Student Drop-out Rate Improved by Distance Learning?
Adult Learners Going Back to School Online Outperform Younger Students
More Student Teacher Interaction for Online College Students May Hurt, Not Help
- Business Administration
- Business Management
- Construction Management
- Hospitality Management
- Human Resources
- International Business
- Management Information Systems
- Nonprofit Management
- Operations & Logistics
- Organizational Leadership
- Project Management
- Public Administration
- Real Estate
- Sports Management
- Technology Management
- Administrative Assistant
- Child Development
- Construction & Landscape Design
- Cosmetology & Fashion
- Electronics & Repair
- Event Planning
- High School Diploma
- HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing
- Medical Assistant & Health
- Medical Billing & Coding
- Safety & Security
- Travel & Tourism
- Vet Tech & Animal Care