- 220K Views
- Last Post 25 July 2014
I was offered a Work Experience Degree from Riverwood University recently.I did my research but still in doubt.
Hence I need your help! My questions are,
- Is this a legitimate university?
- If it's a fake university what criteria y'all used to label it as a fake university?
- If it's a fake university what action y'all will take against it? and what action I can take as well?
Further give me a list of online legitimate universities which offer "Work Experience Degrees" without any formal courses.
Thanks a lot and awaiting answers for all my questions.
Thanks for your question!
A diploma mill, also known as a degree mill, is any bogus university that sells college diplomas—the piece of paper itself rather than the educational experience. Diploma mills crank out fake paper diplomas to anyone who is able to pay the requested "tuition" amount—generally a lump sum of from $500-$2,500.
Diploma mills often create their own fake accrediting agencies that sound very official.
Accreditation in the United States is overseen by the U.S. Dept. of Education and CHEA. We would ONLY recommend online colleges and universities that are accredited by a U.S. Dept. of Education / CHEA approved accreditation body.
(This list is not exhaustive. Make sure that your school's accreditation is approved before applying).
Riverwood University states that they hold accreditation from the following:
- International Accreditation Council for Open Education (IACOE)
- Gulf Accreditation Council (GACC)
- American Association for Adult and Continuing Education (AAACE)
- North American Distance Learning Association (NADLA)
- European Accreditation Board of Higher Education (EABHE)
NONE of these organizations are approved by the U.S. Dept. of Education or CHEA.
Therefore, we would highly caution you regarding this university.
View the top 10 signs of a diploma mill.
Don't worry, though! There are a few online schools that offer real college credit for life and work experience. Review: How to Earn Real Life Experience Credit.
Contact each school directly to see how much credit you will able to receive for your experience.
Thanks for the reply.But still you didn't answer these questions:
If it's a fake university what action y'all will take against it? and what action I can take as well?
Should not allow fake universities to operate.It is not fair on people who obtain legitimate qualifications with lot of hard work!!
- All Categories
- Ask Anything About Online Learning and Colleges
- Degree Mill
- Online Teaching Jobs
- Suggestion & Tip Box
- Online College Accreditation
- Best Online Colleges
- Special Interests
- High School Diploma Mills
- Teach Online
- Online Certificate Programs
- Online Bachelor Degree Programs
- Online Students & Alumni
- Online Associate Degree Programs
- Online Masters Degree Programs
- Online MBA Programs
- Online PhD & Doctorate Programs