The independent, trusted guide to online education for over 26 years!

Paramount California University

Hello All Can you please assist me with confirming if Paramount California university is accredited?

They indicate on their website that they are accredited by:
The American Association for Higher Education and Accreditation (AAHEA)
United States Distance Learning Association
The Council for Adult and Experiential Learning

I am transferring my associate degree credit to them but can not locate them on the chea website.

Would really appreciate some guidance

Leave a Reply

Please Login to comment
6 Comment threads
0 Thread replies
0 Followers

Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
0 Comment authors
Rodrigoperezstevegreen1968univcheckKayleighDOCSRB Recent comment authors
  Subscribe  
newest oldest most voted
Notify of
Kayleigh Gilbert
Admin

Hi Steve, Here at GetEducated we’ve encountered numerous diploma mills that claim to be accredited by fake accreditation agencies but also ones that claim to be accredited by real agencies (lies that can be discovered by checking with the accreditor themselves). It is also important to note that the school you mentioned claimed an AWARD (not accreditation) from a real institution and the award cannot be verified. It’s a tricky thing! Plus, ANYONE can register a .edu domain, they do not have to be a verified education institution. [b][u]We do not recommend enrolling in any school whose exact accreditation cannot… Read more »

Kayleigh Gilbert
Admin

Hi Roda, Great question. Unfortunately there are SO many online degree scams out there that it’s imperative to verify the accreditation of an online school BEFORE you enroll! It sounds like you already know this since you looked on the CHEA website but I’ll repeat some general accreditation information for other forum users: In order for accreditation to have any meaning, it is important that your online college’s accrediting agency be recognized by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or the U.S. Department of Education. Essentially, the accrediting agency itself needs to be accredited. First off, we at GetEducated… Read more »

GetEducated.com is a consumer group that publishes online college rankings and online university ratings along the dimensions that matter most to online students themselves: affordability and credibility. Our mission:

Educate – Advocate – Protect!

GetEducated.com
PO Box 458
Monterey, VA 24465

About GetEducated.com

Copyright ©2024 GetEducated.com; Approved Colleges, LLC All Rights Reserved