The independent, trusted guide to online education for over 26 years!

Stevens-Henager Independence University Scam

I JUST found this site today after searching for online masters of health promotion degrees (No GRE) and stumbled on this site. I’ve been researching several schools over the past two weeks and came across one called Independence University. I noticed the admissions person’s email ended with steven henager.edu. Something told me to google that name and I was shocked that they are the center of a lawsuit at their main Idaho campus. I’m still learning about them, but apparently the program that I am interested in is at their Utah school. There’s articles from the Hunnington Times and even a local news station in Utah interviewed two whistle-blowers! I’m really concerned. Does ANYONE out there know anything about either of these institutions? Thank you so much!

Leave a Reply

Please Login to comment
8 Comment threads
0 Thread replies
0 Followers

Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
0 Comment authors
Recent comment authors
  Subscribe  
newest oldest most voted
Notify of
Kayleigh Gilbert
Admin

Hi there, After some digging it looks like Independence University operates as the [url=http://www.stevenshenager.edu/online]online extension of Stevens-Henager College[/url], a for profit university based in Idaho. Stevens-Henager College is indeed involved in a lawsuit for illegal student recruitment practices. [url=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/davidhalperin/breaking-justice-dept-sue_b_5120249.html]More information[/url]. High five for you cautiousness, however, as [url=/college-degree-mills/158-online-college-degree-mills]diploma mills[/url] do often change their name and/or location once they’ve encountered trouble or bad press. But, Independence University is a real online institution accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) which is approved by CHEA and the U.S. Dept. of Education. It is based in Utah. Accreditation is… Read more »

GetEducated.com is a consumer group that publishes online college rankings and online university ratings along the dimensions that matter most to online students themselves: affordability and credibility. Our mission:

Educate – Advocate – Protect!

GetEducated.com
PO Box 458
Monterey, VA 24465

About GetEducated.com

Copyright ©2024 GetEducated.com; Approved Colleges, LLC All Rights Reserved