The independent, trusted guide to online education for over 26 years!

Review of Johns Hopkins University Online

I am in disbelief as I write this, but I have to call Hopkins out for what I consider to be a lack of performance from the AAP Biotechnology program. Granted, Hopkins already has a reputation for not tending to the needs of its students and having a higher-than-average portion of undergrad students transfer out of its 4-year degree program. Nonetheless, I am surprised that after spending several semesters in their AAP biotech program, my opinion of the program is that it is a bit of a degree mill. The courses cost over $3,000 a piece. I have known multiple students who have started in an online course only to find that after a few weeks, they feel that course is poorly organized. Then the school promptly informs them that they would have to forfeit about $500 to drop the course at that point. My opinion, and the opinion of several of my fellow students, is that this program is not worth the money.

Leave a Reply