The independent, trusted guide to online education for over 26 years!

American College of Education Reputation

Hi, I’m considering getting a masters degree from the American College of Education. I see this degree is regionally accredited, which is important to me, because I might want to continue my education and get a Doctorate in Education down the road. Are there any disadvantages of this school compared to other online schools that have a brick and mortar address like Lamar University or Morningside College or Fort hays State University? I don’t care that it’s a for-profit school, as it’s cheaper than the other schools, just trying to see if the reputation/accreditation could hurt me in any way down the road. Thanks.

Leave a Reply

Please Login to comment
1 Comment threads
0 Thread replies
0 Followers

Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
0 Comment authors
Kayleigh Recent comment authors
  Subscribe  
newest oldest most voted
Notify of
Kayleigh Gilbert
Admin

Hi there, Great question. First off, regional accreditation is considered the gold standard so you won’t run into any issues there. SEE: Regional Accredited vs. Nationally Accredited Online Colleges Your second concern, the lack of a brick and mortar campus could affect a potential employer’s opinion of your education. There are three primary factors that employers consider when evaluating the quality and prestige of an online degree:   Is the school regionally accredited? Is the business school AACSB accredited? Is the college more than 300 miles from where you live? Is it a well-known brand? Does the school have a… Read more »

GetEducated.com is a consumer group that publishes online college rankings and online university ratings along the dimensions that matter most to online students themselves: affordability and credibility. Our mission:

Educate – Advocate – Protect!

GetEducated.com
PO Box 458
Monterey, VA 24465

About GetEducated.com

Copyright ©2024 GetEducated.com; Approved Colleges, LLC All Rights Reserved