The independent, trusted guide to online education for over 26 years!

Degrees for Substance Abuse Certification

have a BA degree in journalism buti want to become a substance abuse counselor. Are there online counseling degrees that lead to substance abuse certification? Where should I start? What should I look for when searching for online psychology schools that can help me become a certified substance abuse counselor? and can my undergrd degree be applied in any way twds certification even tho its not in that field fyi i live in NYC

Leave a Reply

Please Login to comment
1 Comment threads
0 Thread replies
0 Followers

Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
0 Comment authors
Kayleigh Recent comment authors
  Subscribe  
newest oldest most voted
Notify of
Kayleigh Gilbert
Admin

Hello,

Great questions! We’ve actually covered this topic in our article How to Become a Substance Abuse Counselor!

The article even includes details on NY certification education & supervised counseling hour requirements.

Two great education options are University of South Dakota Undergraduate Certificate in Addiction Studies and Graduate Certificate in Addiction Studies.

Best of luck!

Kayleigh
GetEducated.com

GetEducated.com is a consumer group that publishes online college rankings and online university ratings along the dimensions that matter most to online students themselves: affordability and credibility. Our mission:

Educate – Advocate – Protect!

GetEducated.com
PO Box 458
Monterey, VA 24465

About GetEducated.com

Copyright ©2024 GetEducated.com; Approved Colleges, LLC All Rights Reserved