The independent, trusted guide to online education for over 26 years!

Boise vs University of Illinois Reputation

Hello, I am writing this because I am perplexed about what graduate school to go to for my master’s degree. I have gotten into Boise State and University of Illinois online master’s programs in Educational Technology. Boise State is half the cost of UofI. I can get my degree for $13,000 vs. $25,000. BUT, UofI is higher ranked and more prestigious school. I think at least. I like the classes offered at Boise State. But, UofI was the school that I really wanted to get into. My ego may be getting the best of me. I am wondering if employers will look more highly at me if I have a degree from UofI? Will I get an interview more easily? Is UofI a better school? Does it matter? I am a teacher with 6 years of experience. I plan on going into the corporate sector as a instructional designer or trainer. I really need some advice. I have not accepted my financial aid at either school yet and I am registered for classes at both! Thanks!

Leave a Reply

Please Login to comment
1 Comment threads
0 Thread replies
0 Followers

Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
0 Comment authors
Kayleigh Recent comment authors
  Subscribe  
newest oldest most voted
Notify of
Kayleigh Gilbert
Admin

Hello, It’s smart of you to consider what your future employers may think of your master’s degree! The good news—employers don’t look at the cost of the degree when considering credibility. Instead, they focus on quality and education cost does NOT always equal quality. Review the 3 factors that employers use to determine online degree credibility and compare your potential schools: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXM7M-f1paY Finally, if you’re still perplexed, check out GetEducated’s exclusive rankings of online master’s in education and instructional technology. You may find some other school options that you had not considered that offer a well-known backyard brand with a… Read more »

GetEducated.com is a consumer group that publishes online college rankings and online university ratings along the dimensions that matter most to online students themselves: affordability and credibility. Our mission:

Educate – Advocate – Protect!

GetEducated.com
PO Box 458
Monterey, VA 24465

About GetEducated.com

Copyright ©2024 GetEducated.com; Approved Colleges, LLC All Rights Reserved