The independent, trusted guide to online education for over 26 years!

Everest University Scam?

While I was looking through this website, thinking it would tell me which credentials would be needed for a career in teaching, my concerns grew as to whether or not the school I am currently enrolled in will even give me a recognizable degree, or credits that are transferable. I also noticed that when information revealing that Everest University was formally known as “Florida Metropolitan University”, it was posted as an alert. Exactly what is the former name an alert about? Were there issues with the school while they were practicing under that name I need to know about? I have obtained a student loan which I will be paying back for ten years, at least. I really don’t want a large debt, and a degree on my wall to peer at, that either will be of no use to me. Can anyone give me some substantial and credible information to my concerns. My anxiety is maxed out, and I am doing my schoolwork with these concerns in the back of my mind. Very distracting and it is making me ill with worry and anxiety.

Leave a Reply