The independent, trusted guide to online education for over 26 years!

Transferring Colleges Without Transcripts?

Long story short: UC applications are due in two days. I am hoping to take many online courses to complete a bachelors degree (since I work a lot). I submitted a request for an unofficial transcript from my old private 4-year university (from 6-7 years ago) weeks and weeks ago. As I filled out my application last night with grades from my current CC (IGETC) that I’ve been at for 2 years, I realized I never got my other one. I wrote in my personal statements and the question about other comments that I’ve been to another school – that I did poorly because of extreme personal problems but now have a 4.0 at my new school. I sent in a new request for an official transcript to be sent to my UCs. Side note: I have also recently applied to my old school for expungement of records/academic renewal so that my record can be wiped. The problem: Is it okay to leave the school grades/classes (I honestly cannot remember them at all) off the application as long as I mentioned them in my personal statements and sent a formal transcript? I’m worried sick and since it’s so close to the deadline I can’t get anyone that knows the answer on the phone or get a reply via email. Please help me.

Leave a Reply