The independent, trusted guide to online education for over 26 years!

Finish High School Diploma at 25?

Hello Everyone, I am a 25 year old High School dropout who was born, raised and still currently reside in New York City. Dropping out of High School is a decision I still strongly regret especially since I was a grade-a student and passed all of my regent exams with above average scores. I was facing harsh circumstances at the time (which isn’t any excuse) and decided to just stop going to school. Again, I still regret that decision, but at the time I was doing what I foolishly thought I had to do. My question for you guys is: Is there any possible way to obtain my transcript to prove I’ve passed all the required exams and receive an High School Equivalencey Certificate easier or is there no way around it and I have to start from scratch which means starting a GED program? I’m not looking for any shortcuts, so if I have to start all over that is something I’m willing to do, but I would love to know my options. Thanks in advance!

Leave a Reply

Please Login to comment
1 Comment threads
0 Thread replies
0 Followers

Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
0 Comment authors
Kayleigh Recent comment authors
  Subscribe  
newest oldest most voted
Notify of
Kayleigh Gilbert
Admin

Hi there, thanks for your question! Since you are over 21 you don’t have as many options than younger students who can choose between finishing up required courses to earn a H.S. diploma late or the GED exam. If you were under 21 you may have been able to obtain your transcript and then fill in the holes in an online or alternate high school. But, don’t worry! NYC has a great network of education support programs to support students of all ages! Contact the Adult & Continuing Education Program. They offer High School Equivalency (GED) instruction and test prep… Read more »

GetEducated.com is a consumer group that publishes online college rankings and online university ratings along the dimensions that matter most to online students themselves: affordability and credibility. Our mission:

Educate – Advocate – Protect!

GetEducated.com
PO Box 458
Monterey, VA 24465

About GetEducated.com

Copyright ©2024 GetEducated.com; Approved Colleges, LLC All Rights Reserved