Pentecostal Theological Seminary is a private, not-for-profit, graduate school that has an affiliation with the Church of God. Pentecostal Theological Seminary was founded in 1968 as the Church of God Seminary. In 1975, the seminary applied for a charter and was granted the charter as the Church of God Graduate School of Christian Ministries. In 1997 the school again changed names to the Church of God Theological Seminary. In 2003 the school changed to its current name.
Pentecostal Theological Seminary is currently accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. The mission of Pentecostal Theological Seminary is to prepare men and women for Christian ministry in today’s world. The Seminary is dedicated to carry out this task as an act of obedience to God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit. The Seminary is committed to the absolute authority of Scripture and to the Holiness-Pentecostal interpretation of the Christian faith as set forth in the Declaration of Faith of the Church of God. Pentecostal Theological Seminary is located in the small town of Cleveland, Tennessee.
Students who are interested in applying to Pentecostal Theological Seminary are expected to demonstrate potential for ministry in the kingdom of God in two ways. First, they evidence of academic ability in the form of a Bachelor’s degree, with average grades or higher. Second, they must exhibit spiritual maturity in a life separated from the world. Students will showcase the above requirements through a personal essay and recommendation letters. Students are required to have a Bachelor’s degree to attend this school.
Students who attend the school graduate at different rates for each degree program and most students are involved in ministry assignments or professional employment while working on their degrees. The overall graduation rate for the Master of Divinity is 56%, the Master of Arts in Discipleship and Christian Formation is 27%, the Master of Arts in Christian Ministry is 38%, the Master of Arts in Counseling is 39%, and the Doctor of Ministry is 90%.
There are 148 students currently enrolled at Pentecostal Theological Seminary. Students at Pentecostal Theological Seminary are mostly full-time enrollments, with 63% of students taking a full course load and leaving 37% of the student body as part-time enrollments. The gender ratio of the student body is 38% female students and 62% male students. There is little racial diversity with the largest represented race being white students making up 71% of the student population. The other racial groups, African American, Hispanic, Asian and American Indian make up 11%, 10%, 3% and 1% of the student body respectively. The remaining 4% of the student body is made up of non-resident alien students.
Students at Pentecostal Theological Seminary have a variety of degree options. Students can take classes toward program completion within seven academic options. The academic options consist of four Master degrees (two concentrations) and one Doctoral degree. The available degree programs and concentrations include:
- Master of Arts in Discipleship and Christian Formation
- Master of Arts in Church Ministries
- Master of Arts in Counseling
- Master of Arts in Pastoral Care & Counseling: Buddhist Track
- Master of Theological Studies Biblical Concentration
- Master of Theological Studies Theology Concentration
- Doctor of Ministry
For their students with a busy schedule, which is most of the students because the seminary encourages their students to participate in activities outside of their schooling to better enrich their education, the school offers many classes online for all of their degree programs.
There are 15 full time faculty members at Pentecostal Theological Seminary, all of which are part of the instructional faculty and generally hold the highest degree in their field. Students can expect small average class sizes and individualized attention due to a 10:1 student-to-faculty ratio.
Students can find many ways to stay busy outside of class. Pentecostal Theological Seminary does not think the learning experience should end when students leave the classroom. The seminary promotes students participation in outside activities and community service.
The tuition at Pentecostal Theological Seminary comes to $11,472 per year for both in- and out-of-state students. Pentecostal Theological Seminary offers a tuition payment plan and the assistance and guidance of its financial aid office to help students with the cost of higher education. The financial aid office can help students find and apply for grants, scholarships and loans.
Sector Of Institution:Private, not-for-profit, 4-year or above
Church of God
Highest Level Of Offering:Doctorate degree
Adult Age Enrollments:148
Calendar System:Four-one-four plan
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.