Newport Business Institute

945 Greensburg Rd, Lower Burrell, PA 15068

School Details

Newport Business Institute was founded in 1895 by Professor Harry Sayre and was originally known as Sayre Business College. The school was later renamed New Kensington Commercial School in order to more properly identify the school with the geographic area it served. In 1995 a second school campus in Williamsport was acquired and merged with the then New Kensington Commercial School to become Newport Business Institute.

Newport Business Institute provides Associate degrees and certificates through its accreditation from the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools and is classified as a private, two-year, for-profit institution. Newport Business Institute operates with the mission to provide all students a quality education in a hands-on environment.

When applying to Newport Business Institute, potential students must submit a $25 application fee, a high school diploma, a GED certificate or be at least 18 years old and be able to benefit from a program at Newport Business Institute. Newport Business Institute has an open admission policy and a rolling admissions deadline. Students who attend Newport Business Institute return for a following year at a rate of 89%.

Credits earned at Newport Business Institute can be transferred to other higher learning institutions and about 14% of students take advantage of this and transfer out of Newport Business Institute to another institution. Students at Newport Business Institute typically graduate within the two years it is expected to take to earn an Associate’s degree at a rate of 50%.

There are 83 students currently enrolled at Newport Business Institute, of these students, 51 are adult learners over the age of 24. Students at Newport Business Institute are all full time enrollment students. The gender break down shows a student body with about 86% female students and 14% male students. There is little racial diversity with 96% of students being White. The remaining 4% of the student body is made up of African American students. All of the students currently at Newport Business Institute come from within the state of Pennsylvania and declare in-state residency.

Students have a variety of options academically at Newport Business Institute. There is a mix of over 20 degree and certificate programs within five academic departments. The academic departments at Newport Business Institute are:

  • Business Administration
  • Administrative Assistant
  • Diploma Programs
  • Paralegal Administrative Assistant
  • Medical Administrative Assistant

There are a total of 19 faculty members, all of which are considered instructional faculty. These faculty members make up a 5:1 student-to-faculty ratio which makes for small class sizes and allows for individualized attention and professor student interaction.

For students wanting to work toward a degree or certificate, but who have a hectic schedule, Newport Business Institute offers many online and distance education courses. Online students can choose between eight programs with in the business administration department or the administrative assistant department. Within these departments, there are eight programs that can be completed through 100% online interaction. The online programs include:

  • Accounting and Computer Application
  • Management
  • Medical Management
  • Hotel & Hospitality Management
  • Medical Administrative Assistant
  • Medical
  • Executive
  • Paralegal Administrative Assistant

The yearly tuition and fees for enrollment at Newport Business Institute is $12,515 for both in state and out of state students. Newport Business Institute offers the assistance and guidance of its financial aid office to help students with the cost of achieving higher education. The financial aid office can help students with tuition payment plans, pre-paid tuition plans and can help students find and apply for grants, scholarships and loans. Currently, 30% of the student population accepts some form of grant or scholarship aid. The average grant or scholarship package is $7,775 per student per year. Students can also take on loans for extra assistance, 74% of students have student loans and the average loan amount of $7,553.

Accreditation

N/A

Expand

School Overview:

  • Sector Of Institution:
    Private for-profit, 2-year
  • Religious Affiliation:

    N/A

  • Highest Level Of Offering:
    Associate's degree
  • Total Enrollments:
    83
  • Adult Age Enrollments:
    51
  • Percent Admitted:
    100%
  • Calendar System:
    Quarter

Affordability

Reviews

Success! Thank you for submitting a review. You may not see your review immediately as it still subject to review.

Available Programs

Expand
Start HERE to Boost your Career