Madison Media Institute

2702 Agriculture Drive, Madison, WI 53718

School Details

Madison Media Institute is a four-year private college with its main branch located in Madison, Wisconsin and a second branch located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Madison Media Institute awards associate’s degrees and bachelor’s degrees that are focused on the entertainment and media industry. Some of these programs include video, music production, game design, media technology, graphic design, web and entertainment. The school was founded in 1969 by Ray Szmanda to prepare graduates for a career in radio broadcasting and eventually grew to teach graduates about the entire field of media.

Madison Media Institute has 294 students with 39 full-time and 13 part-time faculty members, giving the school a 6 to 1 student-to-faculty ratio.  All students who attend MMI study full-time. Most students (84%) are men with only 16% of the student body being female students. Also, 80% of the students who attend MMI do not know their race/ethnicity and only 20% declare their race/ethnicity as White (14%), Black (5%), or Native Hawaiian (1%).  Most students are 24 years old or younger (76%) and 24% are 25 years old or over. The majority of students (86%) reside in Michigan and the other 14% of students are from out-of-state. Retention rates for first-time, full-time students are 67%. The overall graduation rate is 73%.

MMI offers hands-on career training with the equipment, facilities, and industry professionals that you need to succeed in the fields of various media studies.  

Special learning opportunities available at Madison Media Institute include distance learning and weekend/evening classes. Students are able to access employment counseling and placement services.

When applying to MMI, first complete an online application with a personal essay and two letters of recommendation. It is required that you have a high school diploma or equivalent. The next step is to schedule an interview with an Admissions Representative. By doing this interview, you will show the school who you are and be able to tour the campus. MMI uses a Fall rolling deadline. It is important to note that Madison Media Institute does not accept dual, credit for life, or AP credits.

Tuition and fees cost $17,268 per year. On-campus housing isn’t available, but off-campus housing is expected to cost about $9,000 per year with $4,614 in other living expenses. Meal plans are available for fixed prices. Financial aid is offered to eligible students who have completed a FAFSA form. Madison Media Institute offers a free Financial Aid Estimator to calculate the Expected Family Contribution and financial need to estimate aid that you may be given. Many loans and federal grants are available to students. The federal aid code for Madison Media Institute needed on the FAFSA form is 010913.

MMI offers computer and technological services such as: Internet access, computers in libraries, computer labs, and an email account that is provided by the school. Career and employment services are available in the form of internship placement, career and job searching classes, on-campus job interviews, resume assistance, alumni network, and interview training.

Madison Media Institute was accredited in 1972 by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology.

Accreditation

N/A

Expand

School Overview:

  • Sector Of Institution:
    Private, for-profit, 4-year or above
  • Religious Affiliation:
    N/A
  • Highest Level Of Offering:
    Bachelor's degree
  • Total Enrollments:
    294
  • Adult Age Enrollments:
    71
  • Percent Admitted:
    N/A
  • Calendar System:
    Semester

Affordability

Reviews

Success! Thank you for submitting a review. You may not see your review immediately as it still subject to review.

Available Programs

Expand
Start HERE to Boost your Career