Macomb Community College

14500 E Twelve Mile Rd, Warren, MI 48088-3896

School Details

Macomb Community College is a two-year public community college founded in Warren, Michigan in 1954. The college began as an extension of the traditional K-12 system at Lincoln High School as South Macomb Community College. In 1981, the name was shortened and named Macomb Community College by its Board of Trustees .The Macomb Center for the Performing arts was opened in 1982, drawing in over 250,000 visitors per year, and the Lorenzo Cultural Center was added to the campus in 2006 to honor the retiring president of the school. Today, MCC has five locations: Center Campus, East Campus, and Macomb Administration are in Clinton Township, Michigan and MCC’s South Campus and M-TEC buildings are in Warren, Michigan. Macomb Community College has tobacco-free campuses as of November 15, 2012.

Macomb Community College has 23,969 undergraduate students and over 1,000 faculty members, giving the school a student-to-faculty ratio of 26 to 1. Most students (65%) study part-time but some students (35%) study full time. The gender ratio is almost equal with the student body being 52% female and 48% male. Students are diverse with a 73% White student body and the remaining 27% of students being Black, Hispanic, American Indian, and multi-racial. A little over 64% of students are ages 24 and under while 36% of students are 25 years old and over. All students who attend MCC are from the state of Michigan.

Macomb Community College offers students nearly 200 degree and certificate programs in multiple different locations throughout Macomb County. Pre-college programs, professional education programs, customized workforce training, and many cultural and enrichment programs are also available. Classes are typically small with 20-25 students and offer personal attention due to the staff of 1,000 faculty. Distance learning and weekend/evening classes are available to students for convenience. Students have the opportunity to receive remedial tutoring, academic counseling, career counseling, have access to employment services, and once graduated, have access to placement services. Student resources include: one-on-one academic advising, financial aid guidance, library resources, tutoring, and career planning. In addition, students have access to free computer labs, nature centers, wireless access, and receive discounts on Dell computers. Many students complete their associate’s degree at Macomb Community College before attending a four-year institution in order to save money.

Student life offers many opportunities for students to be involved. There are 7 intercollegiate athletic teams, 2 club level teams, student organizations, volunteer opportunities, multicultural international initiatives, and social events.

The retention rate for first-time, full time students is 70% and retention rate for first-time, part-time students is 52%. The overall graduation rate is 13% and the overall transfer-out rate is 30% for students who began their studies in Fall 2008.

In district-tuition costs $2,704 per year, in-state tuition costs $4,068 per year, and out-of-state tuition costs $5,277 per year. Books and supplies are estimated to cost $1,132 per year.  On-campus housing is not available at MCC and off-campus housing costs $5,722 with an estimated $2,350 for other living expenses per year.

Financial aid is available to help pay for college expenses and is available as grants, scholarships, loans, and work-study. Complete a FAFSA application using the school code 008906 by the deadline to determine financial need and eligibility. Students will be awarded aid, denied aid, or sent back to the Federal Processor for corrections. Students can also apply with OASIS- Online Automated Scholarship Information System for Private Scholarships to find eligibility for many other scholarships.

Fill out the online application and complete placement tests to apply for enrollment. MCC uses open enrollment, meaning that all students who apply will be accepted. Once accepted, attend a student orientation session and register for classes to begin studying at MCC.  

Macomb Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association.

Accreditation

N/A

Expand

School Overview:

  • Sector Of Institution:
    Public, 2-year
  • Religious Affiliation:
    N/A
  • Highest Level Of Offering:
    Associate's degree
  • Total Enrollments:
    23,969
  • Adult Age Enrollments:
    8,629
  • Percent Admitted:
    100
  • Calendar System:
    Semester

Affordability

Reviews

Success! Thank you for submitting a review. You may not see your review immediately as it still subject to review.

Available Programs

Expand
Start HERE to Boost your Career