Training Champions for Christ since 1971
Liberty University retains a commitment to both its “academic excellence” and Christian values. The University supports more than 500 programs offered online and on campus, ranging from certificates to doctorate degrees.
- The largest private, not-for-profit online university in the United States
- The largest Christian university in the world
- A Best for Vets school by Military Times Edge
- Regional accreditation with the Southern Association of College and Schools Commission on Colleges.
Liberty University engages the online student population with degree options that include:
- Associate's degrees
- Bachelor’s degrees
- Master’s degrees
- Doctoral programs.
Programs of study are housed within 16 colleges and schools. Among the numerous fields of study, popular options feature business, criminal justice, education, and nursing. Many of the programs also offer minors to accompany the professional needs of students desiring multilayered degrees.
Credit hour and degree requirements for master’s programs are degree specific. Graduate students can choose from a host of programs including degrees in the fields of business, counseling, education, nursing, public health, public policy, and seminary.
DISTANCE AND ONLINE EDUCATION
Online learning at Liberty University retains flexibility for working adults and students with busy lifestyles. Enrollment specialists at Liberty University support students as they progress through their educational careers. Virtual programs at Liberty offer:
- Online programs, many of which are delivered 100 percent online
- Courses formatted in 8-week sessions
- Faculty that are backed with real-world experience and teach current industry applications
- Opportunities for online students to attend week-long intensive classes on campus
- Options for online students to visit the campus and participate in Commencement ceremonies
- Resources, including access to: the online library, Online Writing Center, Tutor.com, academic advising, and Liberty Online Communities.
About 80 percent of the online student population at Liberty are transfer students.
The Office of Transfer Evaluations will provide a free unofficial transfer consultation, in which advisors review official transcripts prior to admission. Prospective students may be awarded college credit through the Prior Learning & Experience program, in addition to the acceptance of assessments, like CLEP, DSSTs, Institutional Challenge Exam, and Excelsior Exams.
Liberty maintains articulation agreements with Virginia’s 23 community colleges and guarantees admission for these students that earn an associate’s degree with a minimum 2.0 GPA, and also waives application fees.
ONLINE HIGH SCHOOL OPPORTUNITIES
Liberty University Online Academy offers online courses for elementary and secondary students, grades 3-12. The Academy is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI). High school juniors and seniors can also enroll in dual enrollment classes through EDGE, a program that enables upperclassmen to jumpstart their college careers.
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges.
Sector Of Institution:Private, not-for-profit, 4-year or above
Highest Level Of Offering:Doctorate degree
Adult Age Enrollments:51,319
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.