Kings University

14800 Sherman Way, Van Nuys, CA 91405-2233

School Details

King's University is a four-year private school located in Vans Nuys, California, near Los Angeles, California. The school was founded as a Pentecostal Charismatic college by Pastor Jack Hayford. King's University offers associate’s degrees, bachelor’s degrees, post-baccalaureate certificates, master’s degrees, and doctor’s degrees. The university offers a one-year undergraduate Certificate in Biblical Studies and two degree programs, the two-year Associate of Christian Ministry degree and the four-year Bachelor of Theological Studies degree with eight concentrations: Biblical Studies, Christian Ministries, Christian Education, Biblical Counseling, Evangelism/Missions, Internet Ministries, Music and Worship, and Urban Ministries. Two graduate certificates are also available: Biblical study and Christian ministry. Students can earn master’s degrees in Practical Theology and Divinity as well as in a Doctorate of Ministry. King's University is accredited by the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools and the Association for Biblical Higher Education.

Online classes are offered at King’s University to provide convenience to those with busy lifestyles or who can’t make it onto campus. Online courses span six weeks with two online sessions offered each quarter. Students desiring a Masters degree may take half to two-thirds of their courses online but must complete a prescribed number of courses on-ground to graduate. Students will find the course syllabus, weekly overviews, lectures, discussion forums, handouts, assignments, and exams in the online classroom. Almost all courses follow the same set structure, so that once a student learns how to navigate the online classroom in their first class, they will encounter much the same layout for all future courses. Students must check-in online 5 out of 7 days per week.

King's University has 456 students (242 undergraduates) and 54 faculty members, giving the university a 11:1 student-to-faculty ratio. Of all faculty members, 12 teach full-time and 42 teach part-time. About 34% of undergraduate students study full-time and 66% study part-time. Most graduate students (64%) study part-time and the remaining 36% study full-time. The student body contains 39% female students and 61% male students. About 54% of all students are white with the remaining students being black (11%), Asian (5%), and Hispanic (16%), with the remaining students being multi-racial. About 41% of students are ages 24 and under with 59% of students being ages 25 and above. About 55% of students are from California with the remaining 45% of students being from out-of-state. The retention rate for first-time, full-time students is 29% and the retention rate for first-time, part-time students is 100%. The overall graduation rate is 22%. The overall graduation rate by gender is 1% for males and 50% for females.

Students have access to services such as: ROTC (Army), study abroad, distance learning, and weekend/evening college. Remedial tutoring, academic counseling, career counseling, employment services for students, and placement services for graduates are also available for students.

Tuition costs $10,080 per year and books and other supplies are estimated to cost $1,200 per year. Off-campus living is estimated to cost $9,081 per year with $5,904 in additional living expenses. Tuition payment plans are offered. Financial aid is offered in the form of state grants, federal grants, scholarships, and loans. To qualify to receive financial aid, students must complete a FAFSA form and be evaluated to be in financial need. Approximately 100% of those attending King's University receive financial aid. Of all students, 57% receive federal aid, 43% receive institutional aid, and 86% receive loans.

About 25 people apply to King's University every year and about 74% of those applicants are accepted into the school. Statistically, 62% of males and 90% of females who apply are accepted. Both undergraduate and graduate application fees are $75. Admission test scores are recommended to provide in an application. Required items include: recommendations, secondary school GPA, secondary school rank, secondary school record, and TOEFL scores (if needed).

Accreditation

N/A

Expand

School Overview:

  • Sector Of Institution:
    Private, not-for-profit, 4-year or above
  • Religious Affiliation:

    Pentecostal Charismatic

  • Highest Level Of Offering:
    Doctorate degree
  • Total Enrollments:
    456
  • Adult Age Enrollments:
    269
  • Percent Admitted:
    74
  • Calendar System:
    Quarter

Affordability

Reviews

Success! Thank you for submitting a review. You may not see your review immediately as it still subject to review.

Available Programs

Expand
Start HERE to Boost your Career