Faulkner University

5345 Atlanta Hwy, Montgomery, AL 36109-3378

School Details

Faulkner University is a private Christian university located in Montgomery, Alabama. Established in 1942 as the Montgomery Bible College, the university’s founders wanted to build a school that offered higher education based on the teachings of the Bible. A little more than 10 years after the school opened its doors, the university changed its name to Alabama Christian College to signify its scholastic growth. In 1965, the college moved to its current larger location to meet the growing demands of its expanding student population. Ten years later, the school grew to include the branch campuses of Huntsville, Mobile, and Birmingham. In 1984, to recognize both the academic and physical growth of the institution, the school became a four-year university and adopted its current name. 

Faulkner University is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. 

Faulkner University has about 2,750 undergraduate students and a little more than 550 graduate students. Because it is located in a large city, there are many opportunities for students to get involved in clubs and organizations both off and on campus. Faulkner University offers over 30 student organizations, numerous intramural sport leagues, service organizations and many more. 

Faulkner has a fairly high retention rate with almost 60 percent of students returning for their second year. More than 30 percent of students graduate within six years. The average age of the student population is 28 years old. The majority of Faulkner students are full-time; however, around 30 percent of students qualify as part-time. Half of the student body is African American and the other 50 percent is comprised of Caucasian and Hispanic ethnicities. Faulkner has more female than male students and has a gender ratio of around 65:35. A significant percentage of students are from Alabama, while a little less than 15 percent of students live out-of-state. 

Private institutions charge tuition at the same rate for all students, no matter their in- or out-of-state residency status. Annual tuition and fees for a full-time student at Faulkner University is around $17,400. Part-time students, who calculate tuition costs based on the amount of credits they are taking, cost per credit hour is $530. 

Deciding to pursue higher education is a big step towards achieving career goals, but obstacles such as high tuition costs can often put a kink in some of the best-laid plans. Fortunately, Faulkner University provides students with a variety of financial aid options. Students as Faulkner can apply for private loans, grants, federal work study programs, scholarships, Federal Financial Aid and more. Around 70 percent of the financial aid at Faulkner is through part-time jobs and loans and the remaining 30 percent is from grants and scholarships. 

About 85 percent of students were judged to have financial aid need and a little less than 80 percent of students were offered financial aid. Almost 30 percent of students had their entire financial aid needs met. Students applying for Federal Financial Aid should do so as soon as possible after the beginning of the calendar year.

Faulkner University offers a wide range of degree levels, including associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees. Faulkner offers five undergraduate schools including the College of Business and Executive Education, the College of Education, Faulkner Law, the College of Arts and Sciences, and the College of Biblical Studies. In addition to its undergraduate courses, Faulkner also has graduate studies programs. 

Students interested in earning their associate degree from Faulkner University must complete a minimum of 60 credit hours to earn the degree. Bachelor’s degree programs require students to complete a minimum of 120 credit hours. Master’s programs require students to complete an average of 34 credit hours. Students pursuing their doctoral degree must complete 45 credit hours.

Students interested in a degree or program from Faulkner University should request more information.

Accreditation

N/A

Expand

School Overview:

  • Sector Of Institution:
    Private, not-for-profit, 4-year or above
  • Religious Affiliation:
    Churches of Christ
  • Highest Level Of Offering:
    Doctorate degree
  • Total Enrollments:
    3,126
  • Adult Age Enrollments:
    N/A
  • Percent Admitted:
    51%
  • Calendar System:
    Semester

Affordability

Reviews

Success! Thank you for submitting a review. You may not see your review immediately as it still subject to review.

Available Programs

Expand
Start HERE to Boost your Career