Ecclesia College

9653 Nations Dr, Springdale, AR 72762

School Details

Ecclesia College is a small, four-year, private Christian work college situated in Springdale, Arkansas. Ecclesia is accredited by the Association for Biblical Higher Education, recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and Council for Higher Education Accreditation. Oren Paris II, who served as Chancellor from 2003 until he passed away in 2012, founded the college in 1975. His son, Oren Paris III, currently serves as college president. Twila Paris, a noted Christian recording artist, is the daughter of Oren Paris II, and operates as the school’s spokesperson. Ecclesia has strong ties with the Christian community and retains a mission that “mentors effective leaders to strengthen the foundations of society through the life and values of Christ.”

The campus is comprised of approximately 150 undergraduate students. The average age of these students is 20 years old, with 65 percent of the student body holding in state residency, and 35 percent out of state. The majority of students reside on campus, and the college provides both men’s and women’s housing as well as apartments for married students. All students under the age of 25 must live on campus, unless they are married or live with their parents. Freshmen are allowed to have their cars on campus free of charge. For recreational activities, this college offers men’s and women’s basketball, men’s and women’s soccer, baseball, softball, and shooting.

Students at Ecclesia pursue a liberal arts education. Ecclesia offers majors in Biblical Studies, Business Administration, Christian Counseling, Christian Leadership, Communication Ministries, Music Ministries, and Sport Management. Minors can also be earned in the same aforementioned categories. 95 percent of students earn their Bachelor’s degree in Theology and Religious Vocations, while the remaining 5 percent choose a Bachelor’s degree in Business/Marketing. This college also offers an Associate’s degree; 50 percent of students choose Liberal Arts and 50 percent look towards Theology and Religious Vocations. Concentrations and emphases are also offered. The emphases are mostly focused on leadership and other ministry-based subjects. Students who wish to participate in Ecclesia’s education programs from a distance may also do so. A Bachelor of Christian Leadership, Bachelor of Biblical Studies, and Associate of Biblical Studies are all offered through distance learning. Ecclesia College maintains an 11:1 student-to-faculty ratio.

This institution is a “work college,” therefore students will work as a part of the education process through a work learning program. All students are required to work, no matter if they have financial need, or are in a special academic program. Work varies from helping in the on-campus clinic to having a teaching assistantship. Ecclesia estimates the amount of money earned by each student per semester to be about $2,475. In exchange for participating in the student work program, students receive credit towards their tuition costs.

In addition to the Work Learning Service Program, Ecclesia also supports a number of financial aid options for eligible students. Scholarships include Ecclesia’s merit-based awards. Arkansas students attending in-state secondary institutions also qualify for $4,500 in aid per year. Ecclesia College also supports the Federal Pell Grant and students should check with employers for potential corporate tuition reimbursement plans.

Accreditation

Accredited through the Association for Biblical Higher Learning.

Expand

School Overview:

  • Sector Of Institution:
    Private, not-for-profit, 4-year or above
  • Religious Affiliation:

    Christian

  • Highest Level Of Offering:
    Bachelor's degree
  • Total Enrollments:
    141
  • Adult Age Enrollments:
    32
  • Percent Admitted:
    36%
  • Calendar System:
    Semester

Affordability

Reviews

Success! Thank you for submitting a review. You may not see your review immediately as it still subject to review.

Available Programs

Expand
Start HERE to Boost your Career