The Office of Professional and Continuing Education (PACE) supports a number of eLearning programs of study at Chaminade University of Honolulu.
ONLINE LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
Students can complete both online undergraduate and graduate programs at Chaminade.
- Online associate’s degrees support studies in business administration, criminal justice, education, and liberal arts.
- With more than ten virtual bachelor’s degree options, students can enroll in studies including: business administration, criminal justice, education, English, history and political science, management, psychology, religion, and social studies.
- Master’s programs afford students the option to earn: Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Business Administration, Master of Science in Criminal Justice Administration, and a Master of Education degree.
PACE also supports a number of hybrid degree options, as well as evening on-campus sessions. Coursework is offered in 10-week accelerated terms, with start dates in January, April, July, and October.
Prospective applicants enrolling in a degree program through PACE will need to submit the application and fee, along with all official transcripts, including official joint services military transcripts (if applicable) and high school transcripts.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Chaminade University of Honolulu first opened as a Marianist (Roman Catholic religious order) higher education institution in 1955. Today, the school retains its Catholic affiliations, and is a private not-for-profit, four-year school, located in the Honolulu, Hawaii. In addition to the main campus, Chaminade’s PACE campus locations can also be found at the Pearl Harbor Naval Base, Tripler Army Medical Center, Hickam Air Force Base, Kaneohe Marine Corps Base, Schofield Barracks, and Camp Smith.
Chaminade University of Honolulu is approved to offer associate’s, bachelor’s, and master’s degree options, along with certificate programs. Fields of study are housed within divisions, including:
- Division of Behavioral Sciences
- School of Business and Communication
- Division of Education
- Division of Humanities and Fine Arts
- School of Nursing
- Division of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
Added learning opportunities integrate internships, service learning, research, and the Hogan Entrepreneurs Program. Chaminade University also supports study abroad opportunities and a student exchange program. Na Liko Na’auao is an annual undergraduate conference that showcases students’ research.
Chaminade University’s mission begins with the statement that the school “offers its students an education in a collaborative learning environment that prepares them for life, service and successful careers.” The mission statement also references two Core Commitments: Commitments to Service and Commitments to the Character of Our Educational Community.
STUDENT FINANCIAL AID
Potential federal aid for full-time students enrolled in a degree program through PACE includes: the Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, and Federal Direct Loans. To determine aid eligibility, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid using the school code: 001605; and the deadline for filing is March 1. Other awards include institutional merit-based scholarships, endowed scholarships, and external resources.
Benefits for eligible veterans and service members include:
- Discounted tuition rates
- Tuition assistance programs
- Yellow Ribbon / GI Bill benefits
- Earned credits for military experience and training
- VA Certifying Official on campus to assist students
- MyCAA approval
- Member of the Servicemembers Opportunity College
- Participant of ROTC
Chaminade University of Honolulu is regionally accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Sector Of Institution:Private, not-for-profit, 4-year or above
Highest Level Of Offering:Master's degree
Adult Age Enrollments:1,359
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.