Chadron State College supports distance education, including: bachelor’s degree completion programs, master’s degree programs, elective and general studies courses, and alternative teacher certificate courses.
ONLINE LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
Housed within CSC Online, online degrees and programs range from studies in business, counseling, education, and family and consumer sciences to fields in geoscience, interdisciplinary studies, mathematics, organizational management, psychology, and technical occupations. CSC Online offers courses during the fall, spring, and summer semesters. Students pay a flat rate of tuition for distance education programming, with no out-of-state tuition.
Like traditional classroom environments, eLearning students complete written assignments, projects, quizzes, and exams. Though asynchronous in nature, virtual courses are not self-paced. Many courses are offered in accelerated, 8-week sessions, and 24/7 technical support is available. Chadron State maintains an open admission policy.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Founded in 1911, Chadron State College is a four-year, public institution of higher education, located in the rural town of Chadron, Nebraska. The vision statement of the school states: “Chadron State College aspires to be a premiere institution of higher education in the western High Plains states, innovatively pursuing excellence in teaching, scholarship and service.”
Chadron State College offers more than 70 undergraduate programs and about 13 graduate programs, awarding bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Fields of study are housed within the schools of:
- School of Business, Entrepreneurship, Applied and Mathematical Sciences and Sciences
- School of Education, Human Performance, Counseling, Psychology and Social Work
- School of Liberal Arts
- Graduate Studies
STUDENT FINANCIAL AID
Financial aid assistance for eligible students is available in the forms of grants, scholarships, tuition waivers, veteran’s benefits, federal and state aid programs, and other external resources.
- A wide range of institutional scholarships are available, and criteria includes, but is not limited to, areas of study, extracurricular activities, and academic achievement.
- VA Education benefits include the Post 9/11 GI Bill, Montgomery GI Bill, Selective Reserve GI Bill, Reserve Education Assistance Program (REAP), Vocational Rehabilitation, Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP), and Dependents and Survivors Educational Assistance.
- Specific state funding includes the Nebraska Opportunity Grant for Nebraska residents.
- Federal programs include the Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, Work Study, and Federal Direct Subsidized / Unsubsidized Loans. Students interested in applying for federal aid need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using Chadron State’s Title IV school code: 002539.
Chadron State College is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Sector Of Institution:4-year, Public
Highest Level Of Offering:Master's degree
Adult Age Enrollments:1,174
Percent Admitted:Open Admissions
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.