The original Bible Baptist College & Seminary campus began as an undergraduate school in 1932 in Johnson City, NY. Growth demanded a new campus, and in 1968 the campus relocated to Clarks Summit, PA. The Seminary program began in the 1970s, followed by the introduction of graduate studies in 1989. The private, not-for-profit BBC&S awards degrees ranging from a one-year Bible certificate and Associate’s degrees to Master’s and Doctorate programs. BBC&S supports a mission focused on the “excellence in biblical higher education for effectiveness in global Christian leadership.” BBC&S enrolls more than 1,000 students collectively in the college, seminary, and graduate programs, and retains a 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio.
Bible Baptist College & Seminary is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. In addition, Teacher Education programs retain approval with Pennsylvania state certification and the Association of Christian Schools International. Baptist Bible Seminary is also approved by the Department of Education of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
While students have the opportunity to complete on-campus degrees at BBC&S, the institution also promotes the Online Bible College, along with the Online Graduate and Online Seminary schools offering distance education.
Through the Online Bible College, students can pursue studies in:
- High School Dual Enrollment
- Bible Certificate
- Associate of Arts in Integrated Studies
- Bachelor’s degrees, including Integrated Studies and Worldview Studies programs
- Degree Completion program for adult students with 60+ college credits
Through BBC Online Graduate Studies, students can complete degrees in:
- Master of Arts, with concentrations in ABWE/Missions, Bible, Counseling, Intercultural Studies, Literature, Organizational Leadership, Social Entrepreneurship, Worldview Studies
- Master of Education, with concentrations in Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Administration, Reading Specialist, and Secondary English/Communications
- Master of Science in Counseling
Baptist Bible Seminary also awards online degrees in:
- Biblical Apologetics
Online classes at BBC&S offer students benefits, yet retain accreditation and standards like that of on-campus programs. Students attend asynchronous class sessions and have 24/7 access to coursework. Class sizes remain limited for more individualized attention and students can form global connections via discussion boards and collaborative projects. Students access material and assignments from a central site, in addition to obtaining resources through departments, like advising and the Murphy Memorial Library.
Furthermore, distance learning program tuition at BBC&S is competitive. Tuition is as follows:
- Full-time on-campus students, $19,030 annually including $1,260 flat rate fees (additional special circumstance fees may apply)
- Undergraduate, distance learning students, $299 per credit hour not including fees
- Dual enrollment, distance learning students, $120 per credit hour not including fees
BBC&S supports financial aid programs, including grants, scholarships, and loans for qualifying students. The BBC Undergraduate Studies program offers a Tuition Relief Plan - free or reduced online learning options for lower-income students. Outside financial aid sources include the Federal Pell Grant, Pennsylvania State Grant, state grants from CT, DE, ME, MA, OH, RI, VT, and WV, Vocational Rehabilitation, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, and Federal Work Study. Furthermore, students may apply for loans, like the Federal Direct Subsidized / Unsubsidized Stafford Loans, Federal Direct PLUS Loan, and private loans. In addition, BBC&S rewards the service of military personnel and veterans via benefit programs, including the Montgomery GI Bill, Post 9/11 GI Bill, and ROTC benefits for eligible students.
Sector Of Institution:Private, not-for-profit, 4-year or above
Religious Affiliation:Independent Baptist / Christian
Highest Level Of Offering:Doctorate degree
Adult Age Enrollments:N/A
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.