American Home Inspectors Training Institute emerged in 1993 in order to fill the increasing demand for highly qualified home inspectors. The Institute began when Roy Newcomer’s family business, Newcomer’s Home Inspection Service, continued to expand, requiring skilled and experienced inspectors. Roy, along with his son Scott, founded AHIT and as the family home inspection franchise, Newcomer’s of America Prodiverty Inspection Service, continued to thrive, so too, did AHIT.
Today, the private, for-profit American Home Inspectors Training Institute prepares students for careers in their own start-up home inspection business. Additionally, instruction prepares students for the National Home Inspectors Exam. Students can complete the program at one of 32 locations in the United States and Canada, or opt to enroll in the online program for added convenience. At this time, not all states recognize distance learning home inspection training programs and students can check the AHIT website for specifics about their particular state.
Programs at the American Home Inspectors Training Institute are recognized by industry organizations, including ASHI, NAHI, NACHI, CREIA, TREC, and more. Currently, AHIT supports multiple learning options.
- Master Classroom Course - Options include instructor-led online courses, self-study online courses, and correspondence courses designed to meet the inspection requirements of individual states.
- Online Home Inspector Certification Course - The online course focuses on 9 study modules ranging in topics from Structure and Exteriors to Business and Marketing. Students engage in course books, audio and visual instruction, along with practice quizzes, visual scenarios, exams and industry updates.
- Instructor-Led Online Course - This program consists of ten, 2-hour real-time sessions with individual support.
- Weekend Field Training - Training dates and locations vary and students can check the website for specific locations and start dates.
- Training books, exam preparation, and additional media supplement home inspectors and their businesses. Topics and titles include code check information, the Exam Study Guide, Well Pumps and Septic Systems, and more.
Sector Of Institution:Private for-profit, less-than 2-year
Highest Level Of Offering:Award of less than 1 academic year
Adult Age Enrollments:N/A
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.