Graduate Admission with Nationally Accredited Degree

• Last Post 02 April 2012
collegeguyy8016 posted this 02 April 2012 - Last edited 14 March 2016

I have a question about attending Texas A&M University Commerce MBA program. I received an associate’s degree from a nationally accredited school. I will be receiving my bachelors at the end of the year. It is a regionally accredited school. Will Texas A&M university commerce let accept me for online MBA program? Thanks

1 Comments
VickyPhillips posted this 02 April 2012 - Last edited 26 October 2015

Hi College Guy,

Admissions requirements for the online MBA at Texas A&M Commerce do specify that a REGIONALLY ACCREDITED bachelors degree is required. You have one, so you DO meet that requirement even if your associates was from a DETC accredited school.

Now .. the Texas MBA program will look at all your credentials when you apply and so your "entire package" will matter as each item is weighed to help you get and admissions score:

Additional Admission Requirements: 3.0 overall GPA or 3.25 for upper (junior/senior) years. GRE/GMAT for applicants who do not meet minimum GPA requirements. Three letters of recommendation. Resume. Application Letter.

Your bachelors degree GPA will matter here -- the last 2 years in particular. You spent the last 2 years of your bachelors degree at a regionally accredited college. The higher your GPA the more likely you'll gain full admission with that bachelors as it stands. 

Texas, like many schools has 3 types of admission - FULL -- provisional -- conditional. If the admissions committee is not sold on your bachelors and your overall GPA they may admit you "provisionally." Typically this means you get to take the first 3 or 4 courses and if you pass them and do well you'll be fully admitted to the mba program.

For the "official" answer and more details on your particular situation contact Misti Payne -- details below -- she is the go to gal in charge of applications for the online and regular MBA programs at Texas.

Graduate Services Coordinator for College of Business & Entrepeneurship
Misti Payne
903-468-6049
Misti_Payne@tamu-commerce.edu

Good Luck!

Vicky Phillips