Online MBA Marketing No GMAT

• Last Post 14 February 2012
Scott posted this 27 January 2012 - Last edited 15 March 2016

I would like to know which Online MBA programs that offer a concentration in Marketing are the most respected and do not require the GMAT/GRE. Thank you in advance!

6 Comments
VickyPhillips posted this 27 January 2012 - Last edited 26 October 2015

Hi Scott,

Good question. Here are some thoughts that might help you.

Get Educated profiles hundreds of online mba programs.

Another way to approach your search is to consult our list of AACSB online MBAs that do not require GRE or GMAT.

Here is the list of MBAs with concentrations in Marketing from ONLY AACSB accredited schools:

1. Northeastern University D'Amore-McKim School of Business
Graduate Master of Business Administration / Marketing Est. Cost: $65,000

2. University of Wisconsin-Whitewater College of Business and Economics - Graduate
Master of Business Administration / Marketing Est. Cost: $21,600

3. University of Colorado at Colorado Springs Graduate School of Business Administration
Master of Business Administration / Marketing Est. Cost: $26,136

4. Saint Joseph's University Erivan K. Haub School of Business - Graduate
Executive Pharmaceutical Marketing Master of Business Administration

I assume St. Joes is too narrow for you. The ONLY one of these that does not seem to require a GRE / GMAT is Northeastern.

You may want to broaden your search to include ANY level of accreditation for a marketing MBA if the NO GRE/GMAT is your most important criteria.

Happy Searching!

Vicky Phillips

Scott posted this 30 January 2012 - Last edited 06 August 2015

Thank you very much Vicky! Also, one other quick question...I am also looking at a Masters in Integrated Marketing Communications. So far, West Virginia University and Eastern Michigan University has an online program.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks again in advance!

VickyPhillips posted this 01 February 2012 - Last edited 06 August 2015

Hello Scott,

You are smart to consider both the MBA Marketing and the Masters in Marketing, doing so gives you more choices. When I search general online masters degree programs (NON-MBA) and then use the filters to narrow by major – business / marketing -- I get 4 non-MBA masters in marketing:

Franklin University (OH) College of Business-Graduate Master of Science in Marketing & Communication Est. Cost: $20,520

Worcester Polytechnic Institute (MA) Graduate School of Business & Technology Master of Science in Marketing & Technological Innovation Est. Cost: $38,336

West Virginia University (WV) Perley Isaac Reed School of Journalism-Graduate Master of Science in Integrated Marketing Communication Est. Cost: $28,275

Eastern Michigan University (MI) College of Business-Graduate Master of Science in Integrated Marketing Communications Est. Cost: $23,400

Both Eastern and West Virginia are reasonably priced public universities. I compared their courses / mission (below) and the two programs are very similar despite the fact the WVA degree comes from the journalism dept. whereas EMU’s degree comes from the business school. EMU’s admissions is a bit more lax but on the surface these 2 programs seem more alike than not. Is there something about either that looks more attractive to you???

The other choice might be Franklin University's degree. That's a small private school with a large online presence. Did you look at them?

=============================================== Eastern Michigan University Online Masters Integrated Marketing

EMU's Online Master of Science degree in Integrated Marketing Communications program teaches a solid understanding of how to utilize advertising, promotions, public relations, social media, the Web, and interactive and direct marketing as a unified force across all communications vehicles. The focus is on building brand image and maximizing brand equity for commercial and non-profit organizations.

The program is available entirely online so you can complete the coursework on your schedule and finish your degree in approximately two years. Twelve courses (36 credits) are required, culminating with a capstone experience where you’ll prepare a comprehensive IMC plan for a real-world client.

Year One IMC 601 Principles, Strategies and Tactics IMC 603 IMC Audience Behavior IMC 604 IMC Marketing Communications Research IMC 602 IMC Brand Development IMC 605 IMC Creative Message Strategy and IMC 606 Multi-channel Media I concurrently Year Two IMC 607 Multi-channel Media II or IMC 616 Search Engine Marketing IMC 608 Direct Marketing IMC 609 Public Relations IMC 612 Sales Promotion and IMC 615 Ethics, Regulations and Society concurrently IMC 631 Campaigns

The program is offered exclusively online and operates on a rolling admissions process. Students are admitted to the IMC program three times per year, in the summer, fall and spring sessions. The degree is earned through successful completion of 13 courses (each course is 3 credit hours, totaling 39 credit hours required for graduation). Students take the pre-requisite course (IMC 610), seven core courses, four electives, and then the capstone course, IMC 636. Most IMC students receive their degree in approximately two years.

West Virginia University Online Masters Integrated Marketing

Admission Requirements

Students must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and apply for admission to the WVU Graduate College. Students must also complete the IMC program application, submit scores from a graduate school aptitude test (GRE or GMAT), provide a resume, and letters of recommendation. Admission to the program is based on a case-by-case analysis. Priority deadlines for applications are: March 15 for summer start (May) and October 15th for spring start (January).

Course Content

Students must first complete the pre-requisite course, IMC 610 - Introduction to IMC. Students then take the following core courses: Marketing Research & Analysis, Audience Insight, Brand Equity Management, Creative Strategy & Execution, Interactive Marketing, PR Concepts & Strategy, Emerging Media & the Market. Students then have the option of choosing four electives based on their interest. Elective options include: Media Analysis, Consumer Sales Promotion, Measurement & Analysis, Current Topics in IMC, Advanced Creative Concepts, B2B Direct Marketing, Applied Public Relations, and Special Topics: Cause Marketing. IMC 636 - Campaigns serves as the program's capstone course.

Scott wrote: [quote]Thank you very much Vicky! Also, one other quick question...I am also looking at a Masters in Integrated Marketing Communications. So far, West Virginia University and Eastern Michigan University has an online program.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks again in advance![/quote]

Scott posted this 13 February 2012 - Last edited 06 August 2015

Hi Vicky!

Do you know which IMC Program (EMU or WVU) is more respected? Thank you again for all your help and look forward to hearing back from you.

VickyPhillips posted this 13 February 2012 - Last edited 06 August 2015

Good question. If you mean "academically respected" I can't find any objective rating that would put one of these online programs over the other. In terms of employment -- or employer acceptance -- this factor tends to be very regional. If I were in the Midwest I'd go with EMU; but I were on the east coast or south I'd go with West Virginia. The WVA program does have stricter traditional admission requirements so most academic types would see it as being "more competitive."

All the best Vicky

Scott wrote: [quote]Hi Vicky!

Do you know which IMC Program (EMU or WVU) is more respected? Thank you again for all your help and look forward to hearing back from you.[/quote]

Scott posted this 14 February 2012 - Last edited 06 August 2015

Thank you Vicky!