MBA Bridge Program for Three-Year Graduates?

• Last Post 26 November 2011
vibi123 posted this 04 November 2011 - Last edited 14 March 2016

I have a Question regarding Online MBA . I have a Bachelors degree from India ( 3-years bachelors), I am currently considering to enroll in to Online MBA program, possibly accredited program. Most of the schools excluding some of the Ivy league requires 4 years bachelors degree. I want to know if there is any accredited, non-Ivy, Business Schools or University that offers online MBA with 3 years Bachelors Degree or who has online Bridge MBA program for students with 3 Years Bachelors degree. I will really appreciate your assistance & guidance. Thank you very much! Vibi Bhakta

3 Comments
VickyPhillips posted this 08 November 2011 - Last edited 26 October 2015

Hi Vibi,

Thanks for the posting. This is a great question. Many degree programs in Europe and Asia offer a 3-year (as opposed to 4 year) bachelors degree program. But in the USA the 4-year bachelors degree is the standard. In terms of courses bachelor from the USA tend to include a greater course of study in the general liberal arts and humanities where I imagine your 3 year business bachelors from India was more focused on business and commerce.

The good news is that many universities in the USA recognize and accept 3 year bachelors from other countries. Whether yours might be accepted would depend on the status / government approval of the school you attended in India as well as the actual courses you took and which show on your India transcript.

You'd almost have to ask each online MBA program in the USA -- there are hundreds of accredited online MBA programs in the USA -- to look at your records to advise you.

You ask about Bridge MBA programs and this may be good for you. In the US Bridge MBAs tend to assume you have not completed the oft required undergrad business courses such as microecon and macroecon and accounting 1 and 2 and so they make available a first year of MBA study that includes these prep courses as a starting point to prep one for the MBA.

A popular MBA Bridge program that might work for you is the distance MBA from the University of Houston Victoria. This has been specially designed for international students with 3 year bachelor degrees.

Some online MBA programs may reply to you directly for more advise on this issue as I am sure others would like to know if other such degree programs have been designed for those in your situation.

All the best

Vicky Phillips

vibi123 posted this 13 November 2011 - Last edited 06 August 2015

Hello Ms. Phillips,

Thank you very much for your response. I have another question, I have been working in the Hospitality Industry from past 6 Years and i would like to advance in the same field. What according to you will be better option between MBA or Masters of Science in Hospitality Management/Administration.Can you suggest some accredited schools for Masters in Hospitality Management, which are not very expensive and have good reputation?

again, Thanks a lot for your response.Getting right advice during crucial decision making is nothing less than a blessings for students like us.

VickyPhillips posted this 26 November 2011 - Last edited 26 October 2015

Hi vibi,

Good question. Online MBA VS. online masters hospitality management.

There are a number of things I'd consider in comparing the two online degrees.

1) Do you plan to stay in the hospitality industry? If I were fairly certain that I wanted to stay in this sector and climb upward in management I'd be tempted to go with this major.

BUT on the other hand, if I wanted more flexibility or were uncertain that I was going to stay in hospitality then I'd look to a general mba so later i could be flexible and switch the sector I worked in if needed.

2) I'd check to see what kind of degree(S) the managers in companies I'd like to work hold on linked in. This could let you see what the insiders prefer inside your sector or inside local companies.

3) In general, in comparing the online MBA vs online management degree , see our great article that looks at that issue. If any of the conditions in this article apply to your situation explore your choices accordingly.

View our rankings of the most affordable online master's in management

--or--

View all online master's in management

View all online master's in hospitality

Below are some good choices:

Florida International University Graduate School of Hospitality and Tourism Management
Master of Science in Hospitality Management
Est. Cost: $32,000
RANKINGS Affordability: D

George Washington University Graduate School of Business
Master of Tourism Administration
Est. Cost: $20,520
RANKINGS Affordability: C+ Student Satisfaction: Ø Public Perception: Ø

Full Sail University School of Business - Graduate
Master of Science Entertainment Business Est. Cost: $29,800
RANKINGS Affordability: Ø Student Satisfaction: Ø Public Perception: Ø

Auburn University Main Campus College of Human Sciences-Graduate
Master of Science in Food Science & Nutrition / Hotel Restaurant Management