Software Engineer Education Requirements

• Last Post 07 October 2014
Josh.D posted this 27 September 2014 - Last edited 26 February 2016

Hi does anyone know if I can become a software engineer with the Bachelor of computer science/mobile applications software engineering degree?

2 Comments
Kayleigh posted this 29 September 2014 - Last edited 25 October 2015

Hi there,

GetEducated published a great article that I think you'll find useful: How to Become a Computer Software Engineer

80% of computer software engineers hold at least a bachelor’s degree but you can enter this field armed with many types of computer science and IT degrees.

It sounds like your degree may be enough to get you a job as a computer applications software engineer. To bolster your skill set, consider building a few apps yourself to show potential employers.

If you would like a career as a computer systems software engineer, you may need to take a few additional courses depending on the specific job requirements and your past coursework.

If you find you need more education to land the job you want consider these top ranked, affordable computer science online masters degree programs.

I hope this helps!

Best, Kayleigh
GetEducated.com

Josh.D posted this 07 October 2014 - Last edited 06 August 2015

Hi anyone know if a bacherlors in civil engineering technology is the same as a bachelors in civil engineering?