Hello everyone, My name is Shaun and I'm new to geteducated. I have an Associates degree in Computer Science Graphic / Web design. I'm currently an English teacher teaching at a government school in Thailand. I've been teaching in Thailand for 2 1/2 years now. I would like to earn a BA degree online and need these questions answered.
1. Will the Universities in Utah look at me as a resident or overseas student?
2. Is there any cheap online BA courses in Graphic or web design? (is that web development?)
3. I took Graphic design courses for 1st year and web design classes in the 2nd year. I didn't do all my generals since many were dropped for web design calsses (yeah, I should've known better). Should I just complete my generals before starting my BA? What school does this?
4. I've checked Western Governors University programs and I think it looks great. Since I'm from Utah, will they be cheaper than other Universities?
5. Should I change my degree into Information Technology? I cannot find online graphic design programs anywhere. I also need a University that doesn't require you to be online at a specific time. I want to earn this on my own time, hence the time difference of 12+ hours.
6. On my FAFSA loans from the government. I made my 1st payment and then I did a forberance for 3 years because of financal reasons. Do I still qualify to extend my FAFSA loan so I can borrow money again and continue school.
P.S. I love being here with my Thai wife and two baby girls. I want to earn my BA within 2-3 years and we will move to America. My wife has a BA in Tourism and Marketing.
Looking forward to your feedbacks. Thanks!