The independent, trusted guide to online education for over 26 years!

Nationally Accredited MBA: Pros & Cons

I’ve been researching a lot of schools concerning online MBA programs. Since cost is a huge factor for me, I’ve found several nationally accredited schools that I’m considering. I’ve read that regionally accredited schools are typically a bit more reputable and the credits are more easily transferred and recognized by other schools. However, since this is my Masters and I’m not planning on going on to get a Ph.D, is it worth it to pay extra for a regional accreditation?

Do employers care at all about where the degree came from?

I’ll most likely be choosing a smaller school that is not well known so I don’t think anyone would know the accreditation unless they took the time to research.

Leave a Reply

Please Login to comment
1 Comment threads
0 Thread replies
0 Followers

Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
0 Comment authors
Kayleigh Recent comment authors
  Subscribe  
newest oldest most voted
Notify of
Kayleigh Gilbert
Admin

Hello, Great question. While it’s true that many nationally accredited MBA programs can be cheaper than regionally accredited, there are MANY affordable regionally accredited MBAs (that may even be cheaper than some of the nationally accredited ones you are looking at). GetEducated publishes exclusive regional MBA cost rankings giving consumers real information on the best affordable degrees out there. Have you considered Wayne State College or Amberton University? Both of these schools offer online MBA programs that are regionally accredited for less than $9,000 (including fees!). Amberton’s Graduate School of Business also offers 4 different MBA degrees to choose from.… Read more »

GetEducated.com is a consumer group that publishes online college rankings and online university ratings along the dimensions that matter most to online students themselves: affordability and credibility. Our mission:

Educate – Advocate – Protect!

GetEducated.com
PO Box 458
Monterey, VA 24465

About GetEducated.com

Copyright ©2024 GetEducated.com; Approved Colleges, LLC All Rights Reserved