Los Angeles International University

• Last Post 20 October 2014
umutozsoz posted this 10 October 2014 - Last edited 06 August 2015

I want to start an online MBA program. I have searched many different universities in USA. I have found an university of Los Angeles International University. (5.500 USD -total cost) Does any know whether it is fake university.

Thanks a lot

1 Comments
Kayleigh posted this 20 October 2014 - Last edited 22 October 2015

Hi there,

Great question.

Los Angeles International University states on their website:

Los Angeles International University is licensed and approved by the Bureau of Private Post-secondary Education (BPPE) and is compliant with state standards set forth in the California Education Code to operate as a private postsecondary degree granting institution. This is a legally valid degree, valid as any degree from any approved University.

Although we are licensed and approved to operate as a private degree granting institution by the BPPE, we are not accredited yet. While approval is public and mandatory, accreditation is private and voluntary. However, accreditation is very important to us, as it ensures that the institution meets the highest standards of quality.

At this point, LAIU is NOT accredited.

Review the fact sheet provided by the BPPE and the state of California here (PDF).

It is important to note that when this review was conducted the school was not operational so there is no enrollment and graduation data included.

They do however have permission to operate from the state of California. This is NOT the same thing as accreditation.

The school may offer sound education BUT a degree from this school will not be widely accepted in the academic or corporate world.

FAQ: Online College Accreditation

LAIU's website states that they are preparing for an accreditation review which means they may be granted accreditation in the future at which point you may want to consider the school again. But, we not recommend enrolling in any school that is not accredited or whose accreditation is not approved by the U.S. Dept. of Education or CHEA.

GetEducated's online degree database profiles over 430 fully accredited online MBA programs with many affordable options.

First, you'll need to decide if you'd like an AACSB accredited or regionally accredited MBA.

SEE: Do I Need an AACSB Accredited MBA?

Then continue on to GetEducated's Best Buy rankings.

SEE: AACSB Online MBA Rankings
SEE: Regional Online MBA Rankings

All the best,

Kayleigh
GetEducated.com