InstantDegrees.com Scam

• Last Post 29 September 2014
Student2173 posted this 26 September 2014 - Last edited 25 February 2016

Dear geteducated.com,

I have recently seen video testimonials on YouTube with people claiming you can instantly gain a fully accredited and verifiable degree from a small private university (the name of the institute was not mentioned) for a small fee.

The testimonials also stated that they have been employed after using the degree and they implied that their lives have turned around for the better because of the service. The testimonials all point to instantdegrees.com I would like to know whether this is a good venture or a scam.

Something in the back of my mind is saying that this is too good to be true, but after watching the testimonials, I am unsure. Please get back to me with a response.

Regards, Student2173

1 Comments
Kayleigh posted this 29 September 2014 - Last edited 22 October 2015

Hello,

Thanks for your question.

There are a number of red flags in the situation you describe.

See: Top 10 Signs of a Diploma Mill Scam

InstantDegrees does not list ANY accreditation, saying only that their "degrees" are 100% accredited. BEWARE: A REAL ONLINE COLLEGE WILL ALWAYS LIST THEIR EXACT ACCREDITATION. A reputable school's accrediting bodies will also be approved by the U.S. Dept. of Education and CHEA.

InstantDegrees also promises a degree based on work experience in as little as 5 days.

BEWARE: No valid distance learning university in the U.S. will award a graduate degree (master's or doctorate) based solely on a review of work, life or career experience.

We DO NOT recommend enrolling in any diploma or degree program whose accreditation cannot be verified with the U.S. Dept. of Education and CHEA.

If your employer checks your diploma information they will likely find a school name that does not hold valid accreditation in the United States.

Don't be fooled by something that seems too good to be true.

Earn a real accredited online degree to further your education and your career. There are many affordable options that will garner respect from employers.

See GetEducated's rankings of the best, affordable online degree programs.

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any futher questions!

All the best,

Kayleigh
GetEducated.com