Raeford University

• Last Post 10 June 2015
TriniWoman posted this 23 September 2014 - Last edited 25 February 2016

Hi everyone, I live in the Caribbean and I got a call from a university called RAEFORD ONLINE UNIVERSITY. The site looks very legit, but when I looked up the accreditations I found one of them on your banned list and couldn't find the others. Also, they are very much similar to Redford University. I foolishly didn't research this website carefully before I got caught up with the scholarships etc. they offered me. I paid them some money and would like to get it back is this possible? Also, can you tell me if this is a valid institution?

3 Comments
Kayleigh posted this 29 September 2014 - Last edited 22 October 2015

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us!

Raeford University lists the following names on their website's accreditation page:

• International Accreditation Council for Open Education
  • Global Council of Higher Education Accreditation
  • American Association for Adult and Continuing Education (AAACE)
  • EDUCAUSE
  • The Gulf Cooperation Council Accreditation Commission
  • European Accreditation Council for Online Learning 

NONE of these organizations are recognized by the U.S. Dept. of Education or CHEA to accredit online universities.

EDUCAUSE is a nonprofit association committed to advancing higher education BUT one that provides information and research to the education community NOT accreditation.

The rest of the organizations are NOT approved to accredit online degree programs in the United States.

We do not recommend enrolling in any school whose accreditaiton is not approved by the U.S. Dept. of Education and CHEA and HIGHLY CAUTION you regarding Raeford University.

See: 10 Signs of a Diploma Mill
See: College Degree Mills: How Prevalent is the Scam?

These organizations all sound very legit however diploma mills often create their own fake accreditation organizations to accredit their fake diploma mill degrees.

You mention that Raeford University is very similar to Redford University. Another diploma mill trick is to change their name or location once the public has started to catch on to their scam.

Usually if a school's pitch sounds too good to be true, it is.

Most diploma mills operate in a fuzzy area of the law and are actually legal. You can report the school to the Better Business Bureau and also to your local government representative to help warn others.

You can also try writing a letter to ask for your money back. Make sure to explain any false marketing techniques and/or deception you encountered.

Then, find a reputable, accredited online college in our online degree database.

GetEducated profiles over 3,500 online degrees that are pre-screened for proper accreditation before they are admitted into our database. There are no diploma mills here.

GetEducated also offers a $1,000 online education scholarship you may be interested in. The deadline for this round is October 15th.

Wishing you the best,

Kayleigh
GetEducated.com

TriniWoman posted this 05 October 2014 - Last edited 06 August 2015

Thank you very much,

Since I last posted, the university has sent me a welcome package (again something that looks legit). However, I was proactive and I asked for a refund and I did get a refund. So I am thankful I dodged a bullet. Thank you very much for your information.

szzgnn posted this 10 June 2015 - Last edited 06 August 2015

Hi everyone,

I registered raeford university and i enrolled 8 months ago. But last 2 weeks there is no any contact number to reach, and they are not replying my mails. Even online chat is not working which is it was working.

Now really i had many doubts about Raeford university while when i during in registration.

They have an website like trade websites.

if anyone having idea please share with me. What can i do? Also i paid all amount to them. am i defrauded?

Br, Sezgin.