Is Baytown University Fake?

• Last Post 28 August 2014
S.A.Salman posted this 24 August 2014 - Last edited 25 February 2016

Hello, Few months back I got a call from Baytown University which said I can get a degree based on my life experience. I got an MBA degree for $500. I showed it to my employer and as per the HR its an unaccredited degree 'Diploma Mill' being run from South Asia, probably Pakistan. I want to inform all people to stay away from them. Its an unaccredited university and due to it I almost lost my job. Now i'm finding my way to get my full refund (chargeback will be my last resort). Moderator: Kindly share your view on this scam and diploma mill.

1 Comments
Kayleigh posted this 28 August 2014 - Last edited 22 October 2015

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear that! Thank you for posting a warning for others.

See: How Prevalent are Diploma Mill Scams?

Any school offering a degree for a flat one-time fee should be viewed with extreme caution.

See: 10 Ways to Spot a Diploma Mill

We also recommend verifying the accreditation of any online school before enrolling. We DO NOT recommend anyone enroll in an institution that does not hold either CHEA or the U.S. Dept. of Education approved accreditation. You can search through the accrediting bodies approved by each organization by following the links.

Here is a list of fake college accreditation agencies for reference. Keep in mind, however, that this list is by no means exhaustive.

Baytown University claims accreditation from the European Accreditation Board for Online Education, Association for Accreditation of Business Schools & Programs, International Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology Education, Global Accreditation Board For Distance Education, and the Arab Accreditation Council.

NONE of these bodies are approved by CHEA or the U.S. Dept. of Education.

Diploma mills often open up their own "accrediting" bodies that make them look very official. Verify all accreditation before enrolling and if a deal sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

We're so sorry to hear about your experience and wish you the best of luck getting your money back.

Then, visit our Best Buy lists of real, affordable AACSB online MBA and Regionally Accredited Online MBA programs to advance your career.

Best of luck!

Kayleigh
GetEducated.com